Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Elijah James Martin






Eli turned 3 years old last friday! Wow how time flies! Jason and I cannot believe it's been 3 years since that little man made his appearance in the world. He certainly changed our lives forever. I love him so much it hurts sometimes! He wasn't the happiest baby on the block for the first 3 months (colic, crazy mother, etc) but after that he was easy, and turned into an awesome sleeper! He still is for the most part. Although he likes to stay up late and sleep late, which isn't so great sometimes, especially now that Emmarie is just the opposite. I can't keep her up past 8 and she's up at 5. On one hand Eli is extremely stubborn and strong willed, but at the same time he is super sweet and loving. He melts my heart on a daily basis. Last night after he was in bed he came creeping into the living room and said "Momma I needed to check on you, I was worried about you." Granted he was just trying to find an excuse to get out of bed, but it still made me smile and give him a thousand kisses. He is very verbal for three and uses hilarious words all the time. One of his new favorites is "unusual". "Momma there's something unusual in the bathtub." He just cracks me up continually.

Things he loves:

Talking incessantly
Playing make believe (he is constantly taking his cars, trains, men, robots, etc, into fantasy rescue scenarios)
Running, Jumping, Wrestling, sword fighting, karate fighting, and any other kind of fighting
Getting his way
Any sugary food or drink
Organizing, collecting, making lists, "working"
TOOLS! Only the real kind of course, not the thousands of plastic ones he has in his playroom
"reading" i.e making up stories
singing, drumming, playing his keyboard, harmonica, etc.
GUNKY! This is his blanket which he named gunky before he was 1.
Watching movies and memorizing and repeating all the lines (he'll say random things and then later we'll realize he was repeating a movie line)
Buzz and Woody (his best pals)
Playing with rocks and dirt (the reason we had to quit t-ball:)
Doing anything outside
Playing monsters, aliens, bad guys, etc.
Screaming at the top of his lungs
"helping" daddy or P-pa work on anything
Swimming
Chick-fil-a

Things he doesn't love:

Being quiet
The word "no"
Non-sugary food or drinks
Sharing his toys
Taking a nap
Bugs (a bug landed on him in the car the other day and he freaked out so much that I had to pull over)
Anyone giving Emmarie too much attention
Sitting on the potty (Standing is just fine, but sitting is scary?)
Having anything taken away (this always equals a meltdown)
Picking up his toys


Eli goes to pre-school one day a week and also does swim lessons. He loves both! I'm cherishing every moment since I know one day soon he will no longer let me hold him and cuddle. I'm already sad thinking about that. I'm including some pictures, one at birth, 6 months, 1 year, 2 years, and 3 years old. He's absolutely gorgeous if you ask me, not that I'm biased:) Love that little man!


No comments:

Post a Comment